How can I access disability services?

Make an appointment one of two ways:

  • Stop by Disabilities Office of Support Services (DOSS), Nazareth Hall, N4232
  • Call or e-mail David Golias, CAPSS and DOSS. Phone: 651-286-7446.

If this is your first appointment, please bring official documentation of your disability.

What is official documentation*?

You can bring any combination of the following records:

  • Medical records (complete or a summary)
  • Past high school history of the disability
  • Past college interventions
  • IEP

* Documentation needs to be current (within five years).

Is there a cost for services through DOSS?

University of Northwestern is dedicated to providing equal education for all students and strives to provide reasonable accommodations at no charge. However, there are some accommodations that Northwestern requires a charge for; please call or e-mail David Golias, CAPSS and DOSS, for details. Phone: 651-286-7446.

How can I become a tutor or note-taker?

Check Northwestern's student employment listings for available positions. DOSS tutors and note-takers are paid Northwestern employees. Contact DOSS with any questions regarding posted tutor or note-taker positions.

What classes do these services cover?

DOSS works collaboratively with other departments to provide services in all classroom situations through faculty and staff, as well as the ALPHA Center.

Who will find out that I am a student in DOSS?

Because of our concern about confidentiality, as well as our compliance with FERPA, only those you tell about your disability will know, except on a service-providing need-to-know basis.